Saturday, February 27, 2010

Cabin Fever

As I look out my window, snow is falling down steadily. My neighbours have made a snowman, and a dainty layer of snow covers the trees in front of my house. My garden is completely white and none of the bushes or topiaries are visible beneath the cold blanket of winter. As I sit inside, sheltered by the comfort of my house, a nostalgic feeling for warm summer months comes over me.


I miss seeing lavender and peonies grow in our garden. I miss the feeling of warmth against my skin and the energy the sun gives me. I miss going up to the cottage and spending lazy days on the dock or poolside, while being serenaded by loons and owls. Spring might be right around the corner, and my spring wardrobe might be shaping up... but this Saturday, winter is still here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails