Friday, February 19, 2010

The Virtues of a nice Bubblebath...

You've had a long day. Your muscles ache from running around downtown, and your feet are so numb that they feel like they are about to fall off. To relax, you draw yourself a bath and add two capfuls of magic to unwind the stress encountered while taking advantage of $4 margaritas or clearance-priced boots.

The bubbles fill the tub with sudzy aromas of lavender. You sink in, and all your troubles melt away. This is an ideal way for me to end my day, and although the childish bubblebath rarely occurs in our adult lives, I believe it's time to re-imbrace it into our everyday routine.


In MTV's groundbreaking television show, Jersey Shore, Snooki decides to take a bubble bath...Hilarity ensues and champagne is involved, but Snooki seems to be enjoying herself (was a shower head involved?...that we will never know). It may look fun to empty out half a bottle of bubble bath into a jacuzzi tub (which amplifies bubble production) and then have your own foam party, but having to fight with bubbles isn't exactly relaxing. I reccommend adding 2-3 capfuls or a couple pumps of bubble bath as soon as you first turn on the tap. That way the bubbles have time to grow but won't suffocate you.As far as my personal picks for the best bubble bath, nothing can parrallel Vitabath. The instant you throw it into running water, bubbles begin to form and you are immediately being relaxed by the aromatherapy... did I mention that the green one (my scent of choice) turns the water a bit green? Sounds gross but you are truly indulging in the spa experience in your own home.

Lush carries a wide variety of bubble-bath magic. I got the 'sex bomb' bath bomb (pictured above) for my birthday... and besides its suggestive look, the bomb fizzed and filled my bathroom with a sweet smell. I wasn't crazy about the smell (I prefer more organic smells like green tea or lavender) but it was definitely a treat. I used the sparkly bath bomb once, and I tell you that it should only be used if you want to have a layer of tacky sparkles all over your body and tub. Cleaning my bathtub was a bitch. I had sparkles everywhere... next time, I'm using it at a hotel. (I feel bad for the maids though!)

There are many nay-sayers out there when it comes to baths. People think it takes too much time, or it painfully reminds them of their childhood. They clearly don't know how to unwind... Baths are not only good for relieving cramped or pulled muscles, they save the environment too. A 20 minute shower uses around 40 gallons of water, while a bath uses around 20-30. In our stressful lives, it's good to take 20 minutes out of our day to alleviate stress. I don't recall ever having a "relaxing" shower. I'm usually frantically trying to wash my hair before the cold water comes pouring out, making me scream in shock.

This is my dream tub... too bad it costs a fortune!

Bring on the rubber duckies! Bathtime is even more fun with someone... or with something waterproof...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails