Friday, May 7, 2010

I need Oh La La La

In pre-Gaga days, there was Goldfrapp.  Techno pop at its finest, especially when it's remixed by Tiesto.



Rocket is the first single off her new CD, Head First.  I've loved Allison Goldfrapp for a long time, and Ride a White Horse and Happiness are two of my faves from her discography.  Goldfrapp is dramatic and very different.  Fellow Brit, Little Boots kind of reminds me of her, but we can't just assume that anyone blonde who is in an electronic/pop band is a derivative of Lady Gaga or Goldfrapp.


Goldfrapp 'Oh La La' from Realise Studio on Vimeo.


This video is amazing.  How many drugs do I need to take before I can ride a disco ball horse?  Last time I checked, this video was produced way before Gaga even made it big, she was probably still performing in a sleazy Brooklyn club.

I'm listening to the Head First album and I love it.  It's not as great as Supernature from a few years ago, but the duo's style encompasses almost everything I love about pop music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails