Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Angels Have Landed. - My 100th Post.

Today is a special day... The Angels have landed, I was one foot away from supermodel Adriana Lima, and this is my 100th post.
Thank you so much for reading and supporting this blog.  It had a shaky start with little direction, and still has no focus.  "Nasty Natalie" has been an outlet for me to vent and share my joys, frustration and inspiration with the world... or the four of you who actually read this thing.  So thank you :)

On August 26th, 2010 Victoria's Secret finally opened their first store in Canada.  Although their "little sister" store PINK has been around for a few months, the Yorkdale location of VS is the first store geared to adults, featuring their signature lingerie.  The years of cross-border and e-shopping are over.  Canadians can rejoice and add a little "sexy" to their daily lives. 

When I got to the store at 11:30 am, I was saddened to hear that the lineup to meet Adriana Lima was already full (at 300 people) and had been full since 9am.  Those were obviously some hardcore fans.
While waiting around earlier, Dasha and I got free panties for "waiting in line to enter the store" after snatching up the swag and picking up our angel wing photos, we left the lineup, defeated after realizing that it would take over four hours to enter the VS store, and we likely wouldn't have the time or energy to buy anything.

 Luckily, I had the fortune to leave the underground restaurant and go upstairs to make a phone call.  As I was finishing up, I saw lots of commotion and flashbulbs go off and instantly knew that Lima had arrived.  I rushed to the security ropes and pulled out my camera, eagerly snapping away at the casually dressed supermodel.  The photos were blurry thanks to no flash and low-lighting, as well as a crazy man pushing into me. 




These photos are not zoomed in.  She was that close.  Today was probably the closest I will ever be to a Victoria's Secret Angel.  Taking pictures in front of the wings semi-fulfilled my fantasy of being a VS Angel.  Until then, there's always Halloween.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails