Thursday, October 7, 2010

Elie Saab SS 2011

Yesterday, Elie Saab showed its new collection, and I had a really hard time choosing my favourite looks from the runway.  Every single outfit was perfection.  Sleek and feminine silhouettes, luxurious details and pastel colours dominate.  I'm a sucker for girlie, feminine colours, and I am pleased that Elie Saab is continuing that palette that was so popular last year.
This suit is beautiful. The dove gray colour is elegant, and suitable for the office, and I love the cropped pants with the tie-waist.
This takes jumpsuits to a whole new level.  The 70s was apparent on the NYFW runways, (see Michael Kors) but was absent from Paris so far.  This brings the convenience and comfortability of a jumpsuit, but doesn't lose the elegance.  I love the idea of matching your accessories to create a monochromatic look.  I say, matchy-matchy is in again!
A little MJ inspiration?  Gloves were seen on hands at many shows in Paris, which brings a winter element into the summer season.
Here is that gorgeous peach colour again (see my Chanel post from last night).  It is a delicious colour, and I'm loving the 70s inspired silhouette, with the update of a chunky necklace and deep leg slit.
This will definitely be a red-carpet fave next year.  I predict that Natalie Portman or Keira Knightley will wear this number to the Golden Globes.
This is a little risque... but again, I love accessorizing within the exact same colour palette and the sequin jacket/sheer silk blouse combo is a beautiful spring look... which makes me sad Winter is nearly here.
Another gorgeous silk jumpsuit, modeled by the one and only, Karlie Kloss. I love the draping of the fabric on top.
This look is beautiful.  It is sensual and classy... I love the way it plays with proportions by juxtaposing a wide and unstructured top with a tight mini on the bottom. 
I find perfection in this simplicity.  It has a very feminine look to it (echoing a flower, or lady flower... haha)
This is just gorgeous.  It might be over the top and girly, but it is done with such attention to detail and appreciation for the female form.
This rich olive green colour was also featured in the collection, I like this look for its draping and I'm loving the chunky gold necklaces on all the models.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails