Sunday, February 14, 2010

I hope you don't mind that I put down in words...how wonderful life is while LOVE is in the world.


Happy Valentine's Day! Since today is dedicated to celebrating love, here are some of my favourite quotes that promote this approach to life.

"If you want to be loved, be lovable."

This proverb is very true, the attitude you project into the world is reciprocated back at you.

"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love." - Albert Einstein

Einstein is not only a genius, he's also very witty. I believe that people naturally gravitate towards each other, but we cannot blame earth's gravitational pull for the process of falling in love with someone.

"Life is the flower for which love is the honey." - Victor Hugo

The french writer eloquently describes the balance between life and love; which is a balance I hope to achieve someday.

"Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistably desired." - Robert Frost

My favourite poet of all time touches on our egos... we all want to be desired and wanted by someone. We search and long for this companionship. When we find it, the exchange is an important part of a relationship.

"I have found a paradox that if you love till it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love." - Mother Theresa

These are words to live by.

"Who being loved is poor?" - Oscar Wilde

Wilde, being my favourite author is typically melancholic. However, what he says is true. A person isn't rich if they have no love in their life, and money can't buy you love.

"It's often just enough to be with someone. I don't need to touch them. Not even talk. A feeling passes between you both. You are not alone." - Marilyn Monroe

"Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold." - Zelda Fitzgerald

My favourite jazz singer has a major point here; there are psychological studies on every aspect of our brain and our behaviours... I guess our capacity to love cannot be measured, for it is infinite.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails