Thursday, February 11, 2010

Rykiel pour H&M



I'm usually not a fan of the designer collabs at H&M. The Jimmy Choo collection was a complete disappointment for me. If I'm spending around 2 bills for a pair of shoes, I want quality, and Choo for H&M definitely didn't deliver.


H&M has been under a lot of heat recently; they destroy unsold garments instead of donating them, they rip off designers and their jewellery has been found to contain dangerous amounts of lead.


When I logged on to their website after being directed by Perez Hilton, I was shocked to see the Sonia Rykiel for H&M collection.


The collection is bright and colourful. Although the colour pallette isn't very current, and the styles are a bit costumey, I have to admit that Rykiel and the H&M team have done a good job on this one. Instead of blending in with the rest of the hipster clothes at the massive chain retailer, these pieces stand alone and would make an excellent pop in any woman's wardrobe.


I've got my eyes on the bright yellow jumper ($39.95) and the cute pink t-shirt sweater with the black crown (also $39.95). The price is reasonable, as these pieces are direct representations of Rykiel's lines (see comparison above... H&M is on the left- the sweater I want: Rykiel's designer line is on the right).
I haven't bought an H&M designer collab piece since the Mathew Williamson collection, and Rykiel's knitwear is a breath of fresh air for the down-on-their-luck retailer. Available in stores February 20th (I guess that means I have to line up...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails