Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Bitch is Back...again...

Since MTV launched in Canada about four years ago, I have been glued to the lives of spoiled Californians.  They spend their days lounging in the sun, perfecting their tan, while the nights are meant for partying, boys and of course, drama.  Kristin Cavallari has been a fixture in this realm of reality television, and last night, I finally got to see Kristin in person at the taping of MTV Canada's The Aftershow.


Dressed in an asymetrical lace cocktail dress, Cavallari looked elegant and sophisticated... a far cry from her midriff baring days on Laguna Beach. 

I always had a set opinion on Cavallari.  She was portrayed as the bitch on the shows, always using friends and boyfriends to elevate her social status.  After seeing her in person, my opinion on her changed.

In the season premiere of the last episode of The Hills (I know, it's the end of an era!), Cavallari and the crew (including Audrina...) went to Miami to party it up for Suberbowl weekend.  Cavallari went partying a lot and lost her voice, only to be accused of being "on crack" by her so-called "friends".   The episode made me realize how mediated that show really is, because Kristin probably isn't even friends with the Lo-Steph-Audrina crew to begin with.  She was merely having a good time like I would too. 



During the taping of the show, Cavallari was genuine and responded to the questions honestly.  During the breaks she even stood up and flashed her pearly whites so that fans could take photos of her.  I've seen other celebutards being interviewed, and most just shun away from the hosts and text on their Blackberries or ignore their audience.  Cavallari acknowledges her success from the show, and gives the fans what they want... drama, and a no-nonsense attitude, which I appreciate.

Kristin teaches us the lesson that you must stand up for yourself, especially when it comes to guys.  Don't take any shit from anyone, and if someone mistreats you, you either confront the person about it, or cut them loose.  I would like to live my life with those few rules in tact... I might date like Cavallari, if only I could achieve her perfect tan...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails