Sunday, April 4, 2010

Hello my love... Koop Island Blues



I would like to credit this discovery to Woreshmean... since listening to this song last night, I can't get enough of Koop.  This song, in particular intrigues me.  The video is sexy, albeit sad, but it just makes me want to run away to Paris.  The song meshes jazz, blues and a hint of electronic.  Created by using samples of (I guess vintage?) music clips that are strung together, the sound is space-y and magical.  Like Girl Talk, but less schizophrenic and ADD... and I'm always a sucker for that swingy jazz sound.  So until Amy Winehouse gets her act together and puts forth a new album, I'll be listening to Koop, featuring the gorgeous voice of Yukimi Nagano...





The video above is nostalgic and evokes the spirit of the 20s... with silk dresses, pearls and feathers abound.  I was clearly born in the wrong time period. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails