Sunday, April 18, 2010

Stacks on deck. Patron on ice.

You can have whatever you like.



this cover by Anya Marina of T.I.'s Whatever You Like has been replayed at least thirty times this morning... The video is goofy, and really campy, (so ignore it, even though it's kind of funny) but I love her voice.

I usually despise covers (i.e. my hatred for Sky Ferreira's bastardized interpretation of the Beatles' "Happiness is a Warm Gun" - which makes my ears bleed) but for some reason, this song gets away with it.  Probably because there has been a crossover in genre; from hip hop to indie pop.

I heard the cover a while ago on a Gossip Girl episode and couldn't find it online for the life of me.  Then, like magic, youtube found just what I was looking for this morning :)


1 comment:

  1. Hello there, I found your blog by means of Google whilst looking for a comparable subject, your
    website got here up, it appears to be like good. I have
    bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
    Hello there, just became alert to your blog via Google, and located that it is really informative.
    I'm gonna watch out for brussels. I will be grateful if you happen to continue this in future. A lot of other people will be benefited out of your writing. Cheers!

    Feel free to surf to my web site - click here

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails