Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Best Fashion Interview I've ever read.

While browsing through Style.com today, I came across this interview by Dirk Standen, who interviewed Alber Elbaz, the current designer for French fashion house, Lanvin. 


"And I always say that doing a collection is almost like writing a book or making a movie, and I don’t know any other industry that can produce six movies a year by the same director. That’s the thing. You cannot write six books a year. You cannot produce six movies. You can’t do six collections a year. And I think this is actually what is making fashion be the way it is today. I know a lot of people complain that there is not enough change and that fashion in the past was much more creative than today, and I think a big part of this phenomenon is that we don’t have the time to think, we don’t have the time to project, we don’t have the time to digest. I’m not talking about, like, “Oh, we need to travel for inspiration,” because I do in fact believe that the best traveling you do is from your couch while you eat potato chips. But I think we just need the time to think and to look at it again and to have another perspective. " (Elbaz)

What a genius, his designs are breathtaking, his illustrations are whimsical and he proves a point.  The fashion world needs time to think and get inspired again.

Read the full article here 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails