Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Dior Resort 2011

There comes a time when a collection from a designer is perfect.  The 2011 resort collection from Christian Dior is no exception.  The collection was inspired by 60s French new wave... it just echoed the likes of Grace Kelly, Audrey Hepburn and Brigitte Bardot for me, my three major style inspirations. 

Muses Marion Cotillard and Charlize Theron were in attendance for the show held in Shanghai.  It was Galliano's third trip to China, and he wasn't inspired by Oriental design for this Cruise show.  "I was just trying to recapture that excitement that was happening at that time in Paris, which is very similar to what is happening in Shanghai today," he said.
These white pants are divine. 

White lace... always a staple for me.  I would kill for that jacket.

I have a blazer that looks just like that.  I can't wait to pair it with a pair of thin black pedal pushers like they did here...




This is such a fun interpretation of a glam "I Dream of Jeannie".  Totally "practical", but whimsical and light.
I love this aquamarine gown.  It is airy and I love the silhouette with the belt at the waist.

This is pure fantasy.  No one can do Couture like Galliano.

The pieces are just lovely, evoking a ladylike, 60s spirit.  I wish people still dressed like this, the clothes are so well crafted and perfectly minimalistic.  I like to describe my own fashion palette as a mix of girlie, bows and retro, and this collection encapsulates what my dream wardrobe would look like.

See the full collection here.

1 comment:

  1. resort collections are sometimes a little iffy (esp the nautical trends in the past, ugh) for me, but i also really liked dior. the dresses/hair/bags were so retro glam

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails