Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I'm a Bag Lady.

I've always had a softspot for the perfect handbag.  I've fallen in love many times with leather, straps, stitching and handsome hardware.  I love the feeling of a having a gorgeous bag on my arm: the weight of a satchel, hanging by the crook of my arm as I stroll along the street, letting the bag sway gently from side to side.  There is something powerful and magical about a handbag, and its ability to completely transform an outfit.  I am convinced that it's the most powerful accessory and will forever be a timeless staple in any woman's closet. 

Here are some models I have my eye on... and I admit, some can only be a mere fantasy.
The Rio Snakeskin embossed satchel has been the object of my desire for a long time.  I love it in this fuschia colour, but I think I might cheat on it with the cream python version from Fall 2010...did I mention it costs a little under $1,400?

The Ruched Petal Zip Satchel from Valentino ($2,695) is just divine.  I have a handbag similar to this style in a light purple, but I love the grey update for fall.  I love the way Valentino's bags are super girly but retain a simple elegance.  There isn't much hardware on this piece, but it proves that a bag doesn't need 20 pounds of hardware to be beautiful... It illustrates the sculptural qualities leather can have in the volume and movement of the rose petals.

This little number from Michael Kors is a piece I've had my eye on for sometime.  It has a classic "Birkin" shape, but without the Hermes pricetag.  The Michael Kors Hamilton Large Tote is affordable at $298 and doesn't have the tacky "MK" tags that make it look cheap.  I'm usually not a fan of MK bags, but this one has a spot on my wishlist, especially in this colour for summer.

I've fallen in love with a Coach bag before... and I think it might happen again.  This morning, I got an email from them, stating that the Kristin collection (the series from which my Tiffany Box Blue bag came from) got updated in new colours and style.  I clicked the link, my heart racing.  I think I'm going to take a temporary separation from the turquoise bag... navy is my new love.


Unfortunately, this bag only comes in the large version, and at $498, it's pushing it.  I love the size of my other bag, and I don't think the price difference is worth the extra space.  Sometimes size doesn't matter in finding the perfect piece of arm candy.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails