Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Yorkville en Printemps

It may not be April in Paris, but it certainly is March in Yorkville. With pleasant temperatures and hardly any class today, I met up with my lovely friend Dasha (who's also redesigning my blog!) and hit the streets of the trendy neighbourhood.





I love her outfit today.  It's a perfect mix of girly florals and earthy texture with the suede boots and jacket.




Out on the sidewalk, we came across a dozen, if not two dozen little dogs... the man was a bit crazy, toting around all his pups from his breeding business... but he let me snap some pics of the sweet puppies.  I hope they find homes that will love them.




My aunt spent many years working at William Ashley, and every time I'm in the neighbourhood, I love looking at their displays.  Even though they sell housewares, we spend so much time with these pieces day to day, and they deserve the recognition of having a fun display.  This Alice in Wonderland themed "Tea Party" was cute and captured the spirit of the Spring trends ahead.  We just can't seem to escape those "Easter" pastel colours.

At Canada's mecca of fashion, Holt Renfrew, the windows were filled with mannequins with platinum fingerwave hair, showcasing the spring designer collections.  This setup clearly illustrates the whole "lingerie as outerwear" trend we've been seeing at Dior's Spring 2010 RTW show.


I don't know if I could pull off a look like this in real life, but I like the idea of letting your slip show beneath a dress, and if I had the money, I would certainly invest in a corset or two in delicate shades of nude and blush.

Yorkville always seems to do the trick for me.  It lets me fall into a fantasy mode.  I like to call this window shopping mode.  I draw inspiration from the windows and people out on the street -for example this one woman, in her 50's had a lavender coat and black chanel bag... she was fabulous!  I can't wait for more sunny afternoons to spend in the district, Starbucks in hand, and a best friend in tow.

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails